Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Test fit

Time to test fit the bumpers I got from the pick n pull.  First I removed the ED type U front bumper from the car.  I swapped the mounting hardware over cuz the one that I got from the 92 bumper were a bit rusted and had broken studs.  But it fits really nice.

But look what I forgot to get.... the front bumper extenders.  oh well... Not a problem.  Eventually, I'll probably get a Type X front bumper with lip or convert to Silvia front end.  We'll see.

For the rear bumper, I got the complete bumper including the bumper support.  The bumper support I had was a bit rusted on the bottom left side and was missing the retaining clip to mount the bumper cover.  I also only had half the harness for the license plate lights.

I had some extra time left today but not enough time to clean and sand the interior.  So I removed the automatic seat belt assembly.  I bought a set of s14 manual seat belts from a member on NICO.  He should be shipping them out soon.  Forgot to take pictures of this, but I'll post them up later.

Since I'm trying to make this build as least expensive as possible, I need to make some money back with my old parts.... lol.  I put up for sale my ED type U bumpers and rear bumper support on ZilviaNICO, and Craigslist.

No comments:

Post a Comment