Friday, August 24, 2012

Fiberglass Fun

I was excited today because I woke up at 9:30am.  I will have so much time to work on my car.... or so I thought.  Before I could start working on my car, my dad needed my help buying some lumber.  This was a lot of wood I needed to move.

After that was done, finally time to work on my car.  I've messed with fiberglass before in aviation maintenance school, but this was the first time using it on a car.  And I don't have too much experience working with bondo either.

Remember this rust hole?

Here's the repair process.

And here's the other rust hole and repair.

I was able to prime most of the interior; ran out of primer (and daylight) before I could finish.  I still need to prime the spare tire area, then should be complete.  The primer is still a little wet in the pictures.  I'll post more pictures when it's all nice and dry.

2 comments: